Friday, November 2, 2007

More stress...

After sending in the application for a fellowship next year, now I am facing this daunting task of writing my dissertation... I've officially started yesterday and am currently in the expected progress. Now the stress has just mutated to another species...

The major problem I have with stress is that it leads me to confusion and I end up with no idea where to start my work. I try to overcome the overwhelming effect of stress by sitting in front of the computer and just work. Honestly, it works! Once I get into the working mode, I feel more comfortable and seem to be able to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

My supervisor wants me to hand in part of my dissertation in about 2 weeks (about 60-70 pages). Then I'll go to a conference at Long Beach, CA (presentation prepared, thank God). The following deadline is in early Dec, when she wants to see my whole package (that would be about 150-160 pages). On top of that, I also have to finish teaching a course with 30 some students... It's a small class and I have no TA... wonderful... It's also a brand new course that I am building from scratch... Guess I'll get through it.

James has been wonderful, can't find a better person to support me. :) He even listens to me babbling on my theories! What's there to complain?

Back to writing....

2 comments:

Manolo said...

Hey GG... you posted something new! I share your pain... although from a distance (in time)... You must take pictures and make a posting about the conference in California.

Gigi said...

he he, i will take pictures (without myself in them) and put them here. :)