Saturday, December 2, 2006

Dye Tag Attack!

So, I didn't keep my word and post a blog last week... Well, I was attacked by a dye tag... Why? Er.... ok, James and I went shopping on a weekend and he needed a white shirt. So, we bought a white shirt. When we were paying for the shirt, we looked around and didn't pay much attention to the lady who was processing our payment. She was talking to her colleague in a language we didn't understand... Anyway, we left the store and went home.

Guess what? The lady didn't take off the dye tag! I was surprised that I could actually walked out of the store without hearing a beep! So, James and I planned to go back and ask the lady to take the tag off. You know, there's no way you can loosen a dye tag unless you have the security check thingy at the counter. Due to my curiosity, I decided to examine the dye tag a little and tried a few experiments on it.

For those who know me, you would also know that I am quite strong... So, this is not good when you are dealing with a dye tag situation -- I broke the tag and ink spilt out -- onto my fingers, hands and a few drops landed on my desk. ha ha ha. Now I really look like a thief! Then my cousin got me the alcohol and exfoliating scrub and help me to get the ink off. My aunts were all laughing and they told me not to walk into that store in the near future... James found out and couldn't believe I did that. Oh well.... it took 3 days to have the ink came off.

This is totally an example of an uncontrolled experiment gone bad... :(

5 comments:

MV said...

Diu!!!!!!!!!! Only you would do such a thing... then again, I did the same in 1999 back in Chicago with an expensive Ann Taylor suit! Lucky for me, the suit was not ruined... I guess I am a skilled meddler;) HEHEHEHEHEHEE

Unknown said...

Once I bought a pair of jeans from a shop early in the afternoon, and they forgot to take off the tag. So I actually caused the alarms to sound at all the stores that I visited all afternoon. At the end I finally found out it's my pair of jeans and have to taken off back in the store.

Gigi said...

Guess you guys were much smarter than I am... he he he he

James was stunned when he saw my fingers. He couldn't believe that I broke the tag!

Courtney said...

Hey...i worked as retail sales for almost 10 years, i tell you guys dun ever try to take off the tag urself, only one way is get back to the shop and ask them to take off...remember...ther still hv different kind of tag, dun think u can just walk in any shop and ask them to take off, coz they may be totally different.

Li said...

Just cut the whole thing out and leave a hole. Since the security thing is usually on the sides, u just cut along the hole up to the armpit. Finally smoothen the cutting edges by you know how, folding a lil bit of the edge up and sew it.

Being damn sexy, thats the special edition by the XXX brand, which only you have it. Yay!

Ok hell of a bullshit from me.

You're really strong, Gigi. Do you realize James stay away from u lately? lol

Cheers,

Kelvin